So there’s this hashtag 30 things to do before 30 list bouncing around twitter and I must say its very intimidating. I’m not the over ambitious sort so its hard for me to make a list of 30 achievable things I want to do. (getting an MBA before 30- me? yeah right) But when I look at my life today I’ve already made some note worthy accomplishments so I reckon it should be part of the list. Considering I only have 2 years till I’m 30 it’s quite pressurizing
So here’s a list of things I wouldn’t mind achieving within 2 years.
1. Marry an honorable man who treats me like a queen √ DONE
2. Give birth to a handsome baby boy √ DONE
3. Buy my own car √ DONE
4. Deposit on a house √ DONE
5. Successfully overcome the beginner stage of Zumba and actually look like a Latino dancer when I move.
6. Get kid off the dummy and on the potty √ DONE see: dummy dumping & potty training almost complete. He wears nappy only for number 2 and slept last Friday (11April2014) without a nappy all night.
7. Learn to fluently read Arabic. (POA: http://wp.me/p4H6Ur-S )
8. Go on a second honeymoon to a luxurious destination.
9. Grow hair till shoulder blades. Almost there: 30b430#9
10. Make my future bedroom my private boudoir (no kids allowed!)
11. Establish a herb garden
12. Establish a vegetable garden
13. Bake and decorate a birthday cake
14. Visit Knysna
15. Plant a tree all by myself (shovel dirt and all) √ DONE (< link)
16. Finish and publish my novel
17. Ride a camel and/or Ostrich
18. Ride a proper motorbike (not the scooter kind)
19. Surf at Muizenberg (even without a wetsuit, fat rolls and all)
20. Host a dinner party and cook everything myself from starter to desert!
21. Finally paint the two blank canvases at dad’s place.
22. After living in my own home for a year consider baby #2
23. Live simply (clutter free in house, heart and mind)√ DONE a continuous, conscious effort. See: Home Sweet Home
24. Try to better my last quarter mile time at Killarney
25. Swim under the waterfall in Oudthoorn
26. Do something different/big at work
27. Speak Afrikaans to Afrikaans speaking people.
28. Read a best seller whether its my preferred genre or not.
29. Be content with what I have and don’t feel bad about not ticking
everything off this list, its only a guide to future endeavors.
30. Throw a crazy big, best-est, special-est 30th birthday party EVER!